In these recessionary times, there are unscrupulous people who just want to make quick money by encashing gullibility of hapless jobseekers. Bangalore Mirror reports how jobseekers are being lured to send money in the name of helping them get a job in MNCs.
Here is some quick advice:
- Always do your own background check on the Job Advertiser. If someone claims to be acting as agent of a company, always cross check with the employing company.
- Always suspect the motive in case one asks you to send money upfront for any assistance related to job finding.
- Be vary of any Job advertiser who is advertising with very broad requirement/skills/qualifications. Check whether the position is real and the Job Advertiser is trust worthy.
- Be suspicious, If the selection process seems too lenient or no "in-person" interview.
- If the agent is advertising for job abroad and wants money for doing paper work, cross check the credentials, past experience, reliability. Be 100% sure before sending any money.